February - March Edition - 2014
“Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it, shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ who hath been manifested by the things which we have written.” Book of Mormon, Ether 1:35
I consider myself blessed to have been born and raised in this free country that has established just laws which provide checks and balances to the governing powers and that are codified and enumerated within the Constitution of the United States.
I have lived in six different Far East countries while serving a career with the United States Air Force. I learned to appreciate and understand to some degree their various customs and cultures. What I noticed most while dwelling in these foreign nations was that their citizens did not seem to enjoy quite that degree of individual freedom that we enjoy in our fair land. I also found that a number of those individuals that I had become acquainted with would eagerly come to America if the opportunity presented itself.
It is not by accident that we are blessed to live in the greatest country in the history of the world. It was brought about by the sacrifice and ingenuity of visionary men of conscience who were able to enjoy a freedom of movement coupled with their hard work and sweat to build a nation. More importantly, this nation was brought into existence and blessed by our Creator God who inspired those founding fathers to bring forth the constitution. This document, if followed, would continue this freedom and be a model for the freedom of all nations.
There have been many who have gone before us who have made sacrifices and sometimes the supreme sacrifice in order to preserve this freedom. All members of our protecting armed forces are sworn to uphold the constitution when they agree to serve.
We who believe this to be a choice land must be vigilant in the preservation of this precious document that forms our nation’s foundation or we shall lose it with our freedom.
God has given us dominion over the earth and all things upon the earth. It is our responsibility to exercise stewardship for this dominion provided of God, and to consider it our duty to preserve that which has been provided for the good of all mankind.
Our scriptures have warned us that in the last days there would be those who would conspire against the freedoms of all people. This warning has been mostly put down by those who would destroy the works of righteousness and who would usurp, if possible, even god-like authority over an uninformed people. This has been effectively accomplished, in some measure, by casting aspersions upon anyone who even mentions the possibility of the existence of a conspiracy to enslave people. This type of intimidation is akin to that old saying taught to us, by those who seek to exert power over us, to never argue or speak with each other on matters of politics or religion! I have to agree that arguing accomplishes very little if anything, but an informed debate without anger or fear of speaking out is a basic privilege that I personally cherish. We should not allow clichés to govern our actions especially when so important a subject concerns our constitutional government or our belief in the God of all creation. We should not apologize for defending our country or our faith in our God.
We have been adequately warned about secret combinations.
BEWARE OF SECRET COMBINATIONS : “And it came to pass that they formed a secret combination, even as they of old; which combination is most abominable and wicked above all, in the sight of God; For the Lord worketh not in secret combinations, neither doth he will that man should shed blood, but in all things hath forbidden it, from the beginning of man.. . .And whatsoever nation shall uphold such secret combinations, to get power and gain, until they shall spread over the nation, behold, they shall be destroyed, for the Lord will not suffer that the blood of his saints, which shall be shed by them, shall always cry unto him from the ground for vengeance upon them, and yet he avenge them not; Wherefore, O ye Gentiles, it is wisdom in God that these things should be shewn unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain, and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you; Yea, even the sword of the justice of the eternal God, shall fall upon you, to your overthrow and destruction, if ye shall suffer these things to be; Wherefore the Lord commands you, when you shall see these things come among you, that you shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you, or woe be to it, because of the blood of them who have been slain; for they cry from the dust for vengeance upon it, and also upon those who build it up. For it cometh to pass that whoso buildeth it up, seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations and countries; And it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people; for it is built up by the devil, who is the father of all lies; even that same liar who beguiled our first parents; Yea, even that same liar who hath caused man to commit murder from the beginning; who hath hardened the hearts of men, that they have murdered the prophets, and stoned them, and cast them out from the beginning.” BoM, Ether 3:92-101
AMERICA TO BRING FORTH ZION,
A NEW JERUSALEM
I continue to have faith in God’s words and his prophecies concerning an American Zion.
“And it shall come to pass that I will establish my people, O house of Israel. and behold, this people will I establish in this land, [America] unto the fulfilling of the covenant which I made with your father Jacob; and it shall be a New Jerusalem.”
3 Nephi 9:57, 58
The Doctrine and Covenants also refers to our constitution as divinely inspired.
“And again I say unto you, Those who have been scattered by their enemies, it is my will that they should continue to importune for redress, and redemption, by the hands of those who are placed as rulers, and are in authority over you, according to the laws and constitution of the people which I have suffered to be established, and should be maintained for the rights and protection of all flesh, according to just and holy principles, that every man may act in doctrine, and principle pertaining to futurity, according to the moral agency which I have given unto them, that every man may be accountable for his own sins in the day of judgment. Therefore, it is not right that any man should be in bondage one to another. And for this purpose have I established the constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the shedding of blood.” D&C 98:10d-h
“. . . and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out my own elect from the four quarters of the earth unto a place which I shall prepare; a holy city, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem.” D&C 36:12f, g
I believe sincerely that God intended for America to become the example for personal freedom and successful government for the whole world.
We have observed that wherever Socialism or Communist Marxism have been tried, it has failed to insure the freedom of the individual and it has also failed to build a just collective society. Our scriptures indicate that when the Kingdom of Christ is fully realized, we will have a free agency or voluntary, not compulsory collective society, but it is to be accomplished by unselfishness and by the love of God and neighbor that is the first and greatest commandment, and not by imposition of a secular government.
I would invite all who read this to offer up their prayers with me for the preservation of our cherished freedoms that our forefathers fought and died to preserve. That freedom which is enjoyed and assured by the Constitution of the United States of America, and which will allow the freedom to establish Zion.□
Commentary on Section 28 Doctrine and Covenants
After his elect are gathered, Jesus shall return to earth with the hosts of Heaven. He shall sit on the throne of his father David, and rule over the twelve tribes of Israel. When we discuss the gathering of his Elect we have to address just who they are and to just where they shall be gathered?
Jesus said, “And now I show unto you a parable. Behold, wheresoever the carcass [body] is, there will the eagles be gathered together; so likewise shall mine elect be gathered from the four quarters of the earth.” Matthew 24:28
If we will consider Section 28 of the Doctrine and Covenants closely we shall come to a much better understanding of the elect and the gathering.
Revelation given through Joseph Smith Jr., prophet and seer to the church, in August 1830. This revelation was given through Joseph Smith Jr., at Fayette, New York, in the presence of six elders just prior to the conference of the church which was held at that place on September 1, 1830.
Christ shall gather his people
Section 28:1a Listen to the voice of Jesus Christ, your Redeemer, the great I AM, whose arm of mercy hath atoned for your sins, who will gather his people even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, even as many as will hearken to my voice, and humble themselves before me, and call upon me in mighty prayer.
A forgiveness of sin is necessary to receive this message
Section 28:1b Behold, verily, verily I say unto you, that at this time your sins are forgiven you, therefore ye receive these things; but remember to sin no more, lest perils shall come upon you.
This message is to restoration latter day saint Elders
Section 28:2a Verily I say unto you, that ye [Elders] are chosen out of the world to declare my gospel with the sound of rejoicing, as with the voice of a trump;
The kingdom is given to the saints
Section 28:2b lift up your hearts and be glad, for I am in your midst, and am your advocate with the Father; and it is his good will to give you the kingdom;
The latter day Elders are the instruments of god to gather His elect
Section 28:2c and as it is written, Whatsoever ye shall ask in faith, being united in prayer according to my command, ye shall receive; and ye are called to bring to pass the gathering of mine elect, for mine elect hear my voice and harden not their hearts;
God’s elect will be gathered to America
Section 28:2d wherefore the decree hath gone forth from the Father that they shall be gathered in unto one place, upon the face of this land, to prepare their hearts, and be prepared in all things, against the day when tribulation and desolation are sent forth upon the wicked;
Nearness of the destruction of the wicked proclaimed
Section 28:2e for the hour is nigh, and the day soon at hand, when the earth is ripe; and all the proud, and they that do wickedly, shall be as stubble, and I will burn them up, saith the Lord of Hosts, that wickedness shall not be upon the earth;
It will be the fulfillment of the words of the prophets
Section 28:2f for the hour is nigh, and that which was spoken by mine apostles must be fulfilled; for as they spoke, so shall it come to pass;
Jesus, King of Kings and Lord of Lords will come and dwell with men on earth a thousand years
Section 28:2g for I will reveal myself from heaven with power and great glory, with all the hosts thereof, and dwell in righteousness with men on earth a thousand years, and the wicked shall not stand.
Jesus repeats the decree that has gone forth
Section 28:3a And again, verily, verily I say unto you, and it hath gone forth in a firm decree, by the will of the Father,
The twelve shall judge the whole house of Israel, which will include Judah
Section 28:3b that mine apostles, the twelve which were with me in my ministry at Jerusalem, shall stand at my right hand, at the day of my coming, in a pillar of fire, being clothed with robes of righteousness, with crowns upon their heads, in glory even as I am, to judge the whole house of Israel [where they have been gathered], even as many as have loved me and kept my commandments, and none else;
A trump shall sound and the righteous dead shall be resurrected and given new bodies
Section 28:3c for a trump shall sound, both long and loud, even as upon Mount Sinai, and all the earth shall quake, and they shall come forth, yea, even the dead which died in me, to receive a crown of righteousness, and to be clothed upon, even as I am, to be with me, that we may be one.
There shall be a heavenly display marking the signs of the times
Section 28:4a But, behold, I say unto you, that before this great day shall come, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall be turned into blood, and the stars shall fall from heaven;
A great hailstorm will bring famine to all the earth
Section 28:4b and there shall be greater signs in heaven above, and in the earth beneath; and there shall be weeping and wailing among the hosts of men; and there shall be a great hailstorm sent forth to destroy the crops of the earth;
The Lord shall pour out his wrath upon the wicked
Section 28:4c and it shall come to pass, because of the wickedness of the world, that I will take vengeance upon the wicked, for they will not repent; for the cup of mine indignation is full; for, behold, my blood shall not cleanse them if they hear me not.
Famine and death shall cause a plague of flies
Section 28:5a Wherefore, I, the Lord God, will send forth flies upon the face of the earth, which shall take hold of the inhabitants thereof, and shall eat their flesh, and shall cause maggots to come in upon them,
Blaspheming tongues shall be stopped
Section 28:5b and their tongues shall be stayed that they shall not utter against me, and their flesh shall fall from off their bones, and their eyes from their sockets;
The remains shall be consumed by the fowls and beasts and the great evil church shall be destroyed
Section 28:5c and it shall come to pass that the beasts of the forest and the fowls of the air shall devour them up; and the great and abominable church, which is the whore of all the earth, shall be cast down by devouring fire, according as it is spoken by the mouth of Ezekiel the prophet, which spoke of these things, which have not come to pass, but surely must, as I live, for abomination shall not reign.
After this the millennium will be ushered in and will last for a thousand years
Section 28:6a And again, verily, verily I say unto you, that when the thousand years are ended, and men again begin to deny their God, then will I spare the earth but for a little season;
At the end of the millennium the end of the world shall also come
Section 28:6b and the end shall come, and the heaven and the earth shall be consumed, and pass away, and there shall be a new heaven and a new earth;
All things shall be made new
Section 28:6c for all old things shall pass away, and all things shall become new, even the heaven and the earth, and all the fullness thereof, both men and beasts, the fowls of the air, and the fishes of the sea;
Nothing shall be lost
Section 28:6d and not one hair, neither mote, shall be lost, for it is the workmanship of mine hand.
the latter part of the millennium, Michael, or Adam shall sound his trump all the remaining dead shall come forth
Section 28:7a But, behold, verily I say unto you, Before the earth shall pass away, Michael, mine archangel, shall sound his trump, and then shall all the dead awake, for their graves shall be opened, and they shall come forth; yea, even all;
The great last judgment of the Almighty God shall take place, the righteous and the wicked shall stand before god
Section 28:7b and the righteous shall be gathered on my right hand unto eternal life; and the wicked on my left hand will I be ashamed to own before the Father;
Those who are unredeemable will be cast into the lake of fire to be eternally with the devil and his angels
Section 28:7c wherefore I will say unto them, Depart from me ye cursed into everlasting fire, prepared for the Devil and his angels.
Where God is they cannot come
Section 28:8a And now, behold, I say unto you, Never at any time, have I declared from my own mouth that they should return, for where I am they can not come, for they have no power;
We are reminded that we mortals do not know all the judgments of God.
Section 28:8b but remember that all my judgments are not given unto men; and as the words have gone forth out of my mouth, even so shall they be fulfilled;
It is by the word of God’s power , by the power of his Spirit Jesus Christ all things are created
Section 28:8c that the first shall be last, and the last shall be first in all things, whatsoever I have created by the word of my power, which is the power of my Spirit; for by the power of my Spirit, created I them;
All things were first created spiritually then naturally
Section 28:8d yea, all things both spiritual and temporal: firstly spiritual, Secondly temporal, which is the beginning of my work; and again, firstly temporal, and Secondly spiritual, which is the last of my work;
God’s work is unending and he speaks to men according to their ability to understand
Section 28:8e speaking unto you that you may naturally understand, but unto myself my works have no end, neither beginning; but it is given unto you that ye may understand, because ye have asked it of me and are agreed.
All commandments are spiritual and are given for spiritual purposes
Section 28:9a Wherefore, verily I say unto you, that all things unto me are spiritual, and not at any time have I given unto you a law which was temporal, neither any man, nor the children of men; neither Adam your father, whom I created;
God gave Adam and mankind agency
Section 28:9b behold, I gave unto him that he should be an agent unto himself; and I gave unto him commandment, but no temporal commandment gave I unto him;
Behind commandments that we may think are temporal, we should look for the spiritual purpose
Section 28:9c for my commandments are spiritual; they are not natural, nor temporal, neither carnal nor sensual.
Agency allowed Adam to be tempted of the Devil
Section 28:10a And it came to pass, that Adam being tempted of the Devil, for, behold, the Devil was before Adam, for he rebelled against me, saying,
The devil deceives a third of the hosts of heaven into following him
Section 28:10b Give me thine honor, which is my power; and also a third part of the hosts of heaven turned he away from me because of their agency;
The third of the hosts of heaven became Devils or the Devils Angels
Section 28:10c and they were thrust down, and thus became the Devil and his angels; and, behold, there is a place prepared for them from the beginning, which place is hell;
Agency is a necessary tool God allows the devil to use to test mankind
Section 28:10d and it must needs be that the Devil should tempt the children of men, or they could not be agents unto themselves, for if they never should have bitter, they could not know the sweet.
When we yield to temptation the Devil has power over us
Section 28:11a Wherefore, it came to pass, that the Devil tempted Adam and he partook the forbidden fruit, and transgressed the commandment, wherein he became subject to the will of the Devil, because he yielded unto temptation;
Adam was cast out of the garden of Eden and out of the presence of God
Section 28:11b wherefore, I the Lord God caused that he should be cast out from the garden of Eden, from my presence, because of his transgression:
In this act Adam and his posterity became spiritually dead
Section 28:11c wherein he became spiritually dead, which is the first death, even that same death, which is the last death, which is spiritual, which shall be pronounced upon the wicked when I shall say, Depart ye cursed.
We were given a temporal life span in which we could be redeemed through repentance
Section 28:12a But, behold, I say unto you, that I, the Lord God, gave unto Adam and unto his seed, that they should not die as to the temporal death, until I, the Lord God, should send forth angels to declare unto them repentance and redemption through faith on the name of mine only begotten Son;
Our allotment of life is a probation period to see if we will repent and return to God’s presence
Section 28:12b and thus did I, the Lord God, appoint unto man the days of his probation;
We make our choice to have faith and believe unto salvation or to reject and suffer eternal damnation
Section 28:12c that by his natural death, he might be raised in immortality unto eternal life, even as many as would believe, and they that believed not, unto eternal damnation;
Those who chose to not repent cannot be redeemed
Section 28:12d for they can not be redeemed from their spiritual fall, because they repent not, for they will love darkness rather than light, and their deeds are evil, and they receive their wages of whom they list to obey.
Little children are innocent
Section 28:13a But, behold, I say unto you, that little children are redeemed from the foundation of the world, through mine Only Begotten; wherefore they can not sin, for power is not given unto Satan to tempt little children, until they begin to become accountable before me;
Fathers responsible for actions of their little children
Section 28:13b for it is given unto them even as I will, according to mine own pleasure, that great things may be required at the hand of their fathers.
God has commanded all to repent
Section 28:14a And again I say unto you, that whoso having knowledge, have I not commanded to repent?
Mentally ill are not accountable
Section 28:14b and he that hath no understanding, it remaineth in me to do according as it is written.
Section 28:14c And now, I declare no more unto you at this time. Amen. §
14 January, 2014 Number 331
1. Many are anxious for the revelation of my kingdom in power.
2. I will hasten my work in its time, but until that time remain faithful to the covenant and you shall be protected from falling.
3. Throughout time my servants, the prophets, have looked forward to my righteous kingdom and were told that they would have to wait for a more perfect day and then even they would be participants in the kingdom.
4. I hold the time for the culmination of all things in my hand and all time must be fulfilled that none who will repent shall be lost but be gathered back into my fold.
5. It is my will that none be lost, however there will be those who procrastinate and will lose their opportunity for a kingdom of glory.
6. Do not mourn them, my people, when the time for judgment fully comes, for I will have given them every opportunity to hear and obey.
7. When at that day they still refuse my offering for sin they will have made their decision against the everlasting covenant.
8. Think not that because my church is small and weak that I have abandoned her, for would a father abandon his suckling child?
9. I have not abandoned her, but shall even when many tongues wag against her and fingers point at her in derision, I shall rebuke the scoffers with the wind of the threshing floor and they shall be as the chaff that has no eternal value.
10. Do not lose heart or your faith my little congregation, for I am your strong defender and I promise you that any who oppose or attempt to thwart my purposes shall fail and I shall hear the groaning’s of my little ones and I shall mark their oppressors with a mark that cannot be removed.
11. Know and understand that my ways are not your ways and I have prepared a time for all things to work together for those who love me.
12. Even though all beginnings are small, my church and kingdom filled with the Holy Ghost shall fill the earth and no conspiracies in high places shall have power to stop its progress unto the perfect day.
13. The great separation will then become known to all and the forces of good shall destroy divisiveness, the evil that has plagued the earth from the beginning and my righteousness shall fill the earth from sea to sea.
14. I am greater than he who was cast down into the world. Amen.
28 January, 2014 Number 332
1. As I have given you my word in an increasing amount, so shall I give unto you my Spirit in increasing power. Prepare yourself, and my people to receive that which awaits them.
2. I shall nurture you and my people in the administering of my Holy Spirit for the time of my great gathering is drawing near.
3. By my Spirit, saith your God, shall they come to a remembrance of me, for the love of the world has grown dim and Satan rules in the hearts of those who have refused the waters of Shiloh.
4. I am separating the sheep from the goats as the great gathering draws near.
5. You have been given the keys of understanding my kingdom and shall recognize my stirrings within mankind and within the nations, for all things shall be in commotion when I divide my righteous children and nations one from another.
6. As it was in the days of Shiloh I shall set judges and judgment in the land and from these establish my kingdom never to be thrown down.
7. Do not suppose that the prodigals shall return without repentance and when they do repent I shall give them a white robe which is the mantle of my Spirit and they shall be re-established unto their Fathers House never to go out any more, for my Spirit shall lead them into all truth and the truth shall comfort their souls.
8. Do not despair, my people, for the birth pains that are upon you, for my kingdom shall be established in you and Satan shall rage without and will have hold upon you no longer.
9. Rejoice that your Savior has not deserted nor given up on you, but will welcome back the repentant sinner into his holy household.
10. Let the work go forth as my people are led by my Spirit, for my plan of redemption must be received by mine elect saints.
11. Seek my kingdom through my Holy Spirit and I shall reveal those things unto you that cannot be uttered unto the world.
12. I have called you out of the world to be a part of my chosen family and my callings shall not fail to deliver mine elect into my Kingdom. Amen
9 February, 2014 Number 333
1. Beloved children, in whom I am well pleased, hear and heed.
2. My plan for you has preceded you and will be a light unto your feet in days to come, for my plan is designed with words of truth and light.
3. Seek this light and truth and follow my plan and you shall be rewarded with a place in my Celestial Kingdom.
4. I have informed my children whom I have created, that my Elect hear my voice and I say unto you now that only mine Elect shall seek out that plan which I have hidden in my scriptures to protect them from the vulgar.
5. I reveal unto you now that although many shall be saved through the offering that has been made, few shall receive my Celestial Kingdom.
6. I have revealed mine ordinances and my commandments that shall divide the children of men from the children of God.
7. Those who repent and are baptized shall be saved, but those who rebel against my commandments shall be lost to a kingdom of glory.
8. If you keep all of my commandments and enter in you are mine Elect Saints and inheritors of my holy mountains.
9. Some will fall short of my glory and shall receive, by their works, that which they are willing to receive.
10. Search my scriptures; those words which I have given to my servants the prophets throughout the ages.
11. I am not giving you a new commandment, but reminding you of what has been given for your guidance and your obedience.
12. My words shall come forth in great power at that day that has been reserved and longed for throughout the ages.
13. It shall be a day of gathering in and casting off, and the righteous shall know the sign of the times.
14. It shall be like the rustling of equipment in the wilderness preparing for a long journey to a far place.
15. Some will know the destination and will start prepared; some will refuse the journey and some shall lose heart and be lost along the way.
16. The goal is your eternal inheritance. Heed and follow the map I have delivered unto you and persevere, for the reward is great and will be fulfilling for mine Elect Saints.
17. Pray always and protect your souls from all evil, and I am with you until the end of your journey. Amen
17 February, 2014 Number 334
1. My beloved saints, why do you insist in eating in pastures already grazed over when I have tried all the day long to nourish you in plenty?
2. As new wine is corrupted in old bottles, so is my new and everlasting covenant corrupted when you return to eat at troughs of the apostates.
3. I have restored unto you, my holy priesthood and given you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven and you turn away from them in embarrassment, ashamed to claim the heavenly gifts that only my Church of the First Born receive as an endowment.
4. If you will not be bold in my glorious restoration, at least hide your shame, but know that all who are ashamed of me, I shall be ashamed of them saith your redeemer.
5. I have sent the invitation out to the strong and mighty, those who received gifts and talents from my hands.
6. Many have squandered my gifts and refused to share them in the ways ordained.
7. So I call again for the weak and lowly to come and pick up the invitations that have been cast into the mire and come to the banquet prepared for those who are worthy to inherit my holy mountain, those made worthy by my compassion and my redemption.
8. Be humble and broken hearted, my little ones, for your redeemer has not forgotten you.
9. I shall gather you as a shepherd gathereth his flock to bring them to better pastures.
10. I will cause you to drink of the pure waters that flow down from my holy mountain.
11. This pure water is the fullness of my everlasting gospel of my kingdom.
12. You, when I have called and given you authority to perform my sacred ordinances, do you think that this is a small thing?
13. Only those whom you baptize with water and fire shall enter into my rest in my kingdom.
14. But you have looked back to the flesh pots of Egypt and cursed those whom I have called to lead you from a barren wilderness into the promised inheritance.
15. My word shall stand even when the world is rocked to and fro as a drunken man, when all things are shaken that can be shaken and loosed that can be loosed and all that is corrupted shall be destroyed, for I shall prepare my holy mountain and a people to inherit it, a people who hear and know the voice of their shepherd.
16. Ponder these things in your hearts my people, and seek to understand that all that proceeds out of my mouth shall be fulfilled and only the sanctified shall be called into my glory. Amen
“And I, the Lord God, spake unto Moses, saying, That Satan whom thou hast commanded in the name of mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning; And he came before me, saying, Behold I, send me, I will be thy Son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore, give me thine honor.” Gen 3:1-2
We know that Satan was very displeasing to the Lord in what he said, but it’s important to understand the fullness of the evil in his words. When Satan said “give me thine honor,” the folly in his words was clear. However, the evil was not only in this statement, but also when said “one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it.” At first glance, it may not be evident as to why this would be so displeasing to the Lord. Satan is promising here to ensure that no man is lost, and out of context it would sound like a good thing. Yet it’s the intention behind those words that contain such evil that God caused Satan to be cast down. It was the desire to force man, taking away that free agency to choose granted by God, which made his promise so terrible. Notwithstanding the evil in desiring to take the glory and power for himself.
“Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him; and also that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten I caused that he should be cast down; and he became Satan.” Gen 3:4
The Lord’s work is a thing which was never meant to be forced. With the free agency given us of God, we are each supposed to choose for ourselves to live in accordance with His will, to obey His laws, do good works for His sake and that of our brethren, and build up His kingdom. Ministry is a wonderful thing in which many can be brought to righteousness, but it is also our responsibility to minister wisely. Any who has the opportunity to spread the Lord’s word should do so, but it should never be forceful or against another’s will. Often, it can be counterproductive to force the word of the Lord, and may cause some to harden their hearts and refuse any further ministry. Unlike Satan, we are to spread the message to those who will receive it, and never force it upon those who do not want it.
If we bring ministry to someone, and they will not receive it, we cannot coerce them into accepting it. Rather, by prayer and by fasting we should diligently make supplication to the Lord for those whom we would minister to, and for those whom we have ministered to that would not receive it. The Lord can prepare the way before us that we spread the message by the blessing of the Holy Spirit. He can soften hearts and provide us the words we should speak. God will not force them to receive His word, because of the agency He granted to all of mankind, but He can bless our efforts and prepare that person to hear His word. They may still reject it, but it is by their free agency that they do so. Those who desire to learn the truth, and who are prepared to receive the word of the Lord, will often seek it out for themselves. Moreover, the Lord may guide those who are seeking out His truth to any of us that we may bear our testimony to them.
Each of us could travel from place to place, and door to door, and never bring one soul to righteousness. We of ourselves don’t know who is or is not ready to hear His word, but surely God does know. By Him we should receive guidance for all of our efforts for His sake, and that of bringing His children to righteousness. Whether any of us are in the priesthood or not, we all have a testimony to bear for those who would listen. Each of us is capable of delivering the Lord’s message to those whose souls hunger and thirst, and setting them in the right direction. We may not all be ministers, healers, or full of wisdom, but though our gifts and callings may differ we can all witness to the truth. It may be a stranger, a dear friend, or even your own family, but each of us can witness to those who need it and will accept it. Never forcing or coercing them to listen, but as much as they are willing to receive. §
“Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; for, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him. And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him on conditions of repentance. And how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth. Wherefore you are called to cry repentance unto this people. And if it so be that you should labor all your days, in crying repentance unto this people, and bring save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy, if you should bring many souls unto me! Behold, you have my gospel before you, and my Rock, and my salvation. Ask the Father in my name, in faith believing that you shall receive, and you shall have the Holy Ghost which manifesteth all things, which is expedient unto the children of men.” D&C Sec 16:3c-4c
THE STORM IS COMING
As we watch the world situation with Russia, the political unrest and the economic instability, we need to reaffirm our belief in the one and only true God through the scriptures, for surely we are in the most precarious and perilous time in history. Read the last few chapters of the book of Daniel and you will see that it pertains to today’s events in the mid-east. You will also find that the figure in king Nebuchadnezzar’s dream of the fourteen kingdoms stood in Joseph Smiths day and probably is standing today, for Daniel said it would stand in the end times. We know those end-times began in 1830 and are still facing us at this very moment in history. (See illustration on next page) We are also approaching what has been called “Ezekiel’s war” or Armageddon as we watch the events unfold in the Mideast.
Study your scriptures and prove to yourself that, “in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established”
No. 1 “When ye therefore see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet concerning the destruction of Jerusalem, then ye shall stand in the holy place.” [Mark 13:14]
No. 2 “But know this, if the good man of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched and would not have suffered his house to have been broken up; but would have been ready. Therefore be ye also ready, for in such an hour as ye think not, the Son of man cometh.” [Mark 13:54, 55]
No. 3 “Whatsoever was written aforetime, were written for our learning.” [Romans. 15:4]
Truly men’s hearts are failing them, courts are taking over many family matters that are appalling to the common sense man as well as the righteous. Man has been left to his own interpretations for so long, very few find that spiritual enlightenment (understanding) promised by our Savior. Satan is making war with the saints and people are digging pits for their neighbors with no conscience at all. Nephi said, “There shall also be many who shall say, eat, drink, and be merry; nevertheless, fear God, He will justify in committing a little sin; lie a little, take advantage of one because of his words, dig a pit for your neighbor; there is no harm in this.” [BoM II Nephi 12:10]. What shall we do? How will our salvation be preserved? Every religion but Christianity is being tolerated and being given special privileges. Our Constitution is being thrown out the window in almost all cases where they should be given precedence by the courts. We should all know that our Lord said render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s, but I truly believe he didn’t mean following unrighteous laws. Joseph Smith addressed this in DC42:21 and 98:10e-h “United States Constitution”. Mans’ laws are for man, but only God’s laws will bring salvation. The only way for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.
Being forewarned is being forearmed. We, like the ten virgins, we need to keep our lamps trimmed more so than ever before, constantly being vigilant. The five virgins with oil could not give it away to the other five that did not keep oil in their lamps because the oil is not tangible, it is the Holy Spirit maintained through sanctification by the eight virtues taught by Joseph Smith in the lectures on faith which Include but are not limited to prayer, fasting, vigilance, dedication and perseverance in all things in the spirit.
We as individuals alone cannot change events no matter how much we would desire to, but as Saints there needs to be a unified spirit through our individual groups as well as all the splinter groups. We need to plead with our Lord through mighty prayer about when and where all these splinter groups will once again become one in His name. The Lord must be the guide for all projects that some feel are given by revelation. We need to pray for discernment of the truth in all things. There are too many that are still seeking their own ways of understanding.
While God was involved in many preparations from the landing of the puritans, in the 1600’s to Joseph Smith in the 1820’s-40’s, to our present day practices of modern religions, Satan created counter-moves through evil men. He is still fanning the flames of discontent and is very aware of the Cayuse in the world. Knowing the complexity of the world Satan needs to move slowly with great stealth and subtlety to accomplish his goals. He has empowered many men throughout the ages to do this and there has been much violence in the process. Men like Marx and Engels who created communism, a movement which inspired the creation of the Fabian Socialists have demonstrated this. They have replaced God with mans’ intelligence and have said that man is the highest form of intelligence; therefore there can be no God.
The Fabian Socialists are more threatening because they are so subtle and go unnoticed by the untrained and educated. They have an agenda that is right on target in our own country. Communism is Satan’s’ army which has thousands of facets. This could be a topic all its own, but warrants mentioning because it involves Americas moral integrity and Christian integrity. Paul says, “Be not deceived, evil communications corrupt good manners. Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God; I speak this to your shame.” [I Corinthians 15:33, 34] Paul also mentions in [Romans. 1:24-32] forty evils that we are seeing right now, some being supported by our courts. Again, what shall we do?
We need to turn back with our children to the basics spoken of by Jeremiah when he said, “Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see and the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls . . .” [Jeremiah 6:16]
Jeremiah also says, “The lion is come up from his thicket, and the destroyer of the Gentiles [Communism by violence / Fabians surreptitiously] is on his way; he is gone forth from his place to make thy land desolate; and the cities shall be laid waste without inhabitants.” [Jeremiah 4:7]
These scriptures mentioned may have different interpretations by many, but the spirit tells me these are so. A warning cry must be given by all that believe to everyone we meet that will listen; this is our only hope.
I can recall over fifty years ago when I thought the world was a safe place because I was enjoying the golden age of the fifties with no worries because I trusted in my mother’s teachings that all was well in Zion. I had experienced the spirit of Gods’ power and some of the gifts were manifest many times as we (my family), had a simple trust and faith like a child [more like taking for granted] .
I served in the navy [20yrs] during peacetime with little worries and felt as did the 2,060 Nephites that were in battle with their captain Moroni. [Alma 26:95, 96] None of them died in battle because their mother told them they would be safe as long as they served God. None of them were killed in battle. As I approached the seventies to the present I saw the world changing for the worse. What has happened that has allowed such upheaval in world conditions? I will tell you. It is called complacency or laziness. Many of us (including myself) have not been more open to in- depth studies of the scriptures, prayer and fasting, I myself was lulled to sleep for a while and the adversary tried to move in. Several times in this period I would reread my patriarchal blessing which gave reassurance and profound advice. I was baptized in 1948 but not truly empowered by the Holy Ghost until 1993 although I have a marvelous testimony from 1965 that I will share in a later article. It is proof God will use those available if they are faithful in His trust.
If you will to seek out through study and prayer, salvation is guaranteed. This is our only hope for the future for ourselves and our children. None of us know when the Lord is going to call us home. We sit back and think we have tomorrow. My son was taken home when he was only forty years of age because he neglected not only his spiritual life but his physical as well. As none of us know the hour or day that will happen, be informed of the following acronym:
B – BE I – INFORMED B – BEFORE L – LEAVING E – EARTH [Spells BIBLE]
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places, Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” [Ephesians Ch. 6: 12, 13] □
A pamphlet was written and discovered in Russia in the late 1800. It was called the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion. It was purported to be a Jewish conspiracy for ultimate world conquest. It was claimed that anyone found with a copy of this pamphlet in Russia was summarily shot. It is an evil document written by an evil author or authors, but the frightening thing about it is that almost everything that it said would be accomplished has been accomplished. Henry Ford in the early 1900’s commented on the protocols and stated that although he did not know the source, everything planned within them was being accomplished. Adolph Hitler took them at face value and murdered millions of Jews. The pamphlet was steeped in a language that if it fell into the wrong hands would be taken as a Jewish conspiracy to build a ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT run by the ELITE.
The Church of Jesus Christ does not believe in elitism, for God has taught us that he is not a respecter of persons and that our Father in Heaven loves each one of us the same as the other. Editor
This is a sample of the contents of the protocols and a continuation of comments on Elitism versus the Elect
Chapter 12 [Protocols ]
WE CONTROL THE PRESS
4. NOT A SINGLE ANNOUNCEMENT WILL REACH THE PUBLIC WITHOUT OUR CONTROL. Even now this is already being attained by us inasmuch as all news items are received by a few agencies, in whose offices they are focused from all parts of the world. These agencies will then be already entirely ours and will give publicity only to what we dictate to them.
5. If already now we have contrived to possess ourselves of the minds of the GOY communities to such an extent the they all come near looking upon the events of the world through the colored glasses of those spectacles we are setting astride their noses; if already now there is not a single State where there exist for us any barriers to admittance into what GOY stupidity calls State secrets: what will our positions be then, when we shall be acknowledged supreme lords of the world in the person of our king of all the world ....
6. Let us turn again to the FUTURE OF THE PRINTING PRESS. Every one desirous of being a publisher, librarian, or printer, will be obliged to provide himself with the diploma instituted therefore, which, in case of any fault, will be immediately impounded. With such measures THE INSTRUMENT OF THOUGHT WILL BECOME AN EDUCATIVE MEANS ON THE HANDS OF OUR GOVERNMENT, WHICH WILL NO LONGER ALLOW THE MASS OF THE NATION TO BE LED ASTRAY IN BY-WAYS AND FANTASIES ABOUT THE BLESSINGS OF PROGRESS. Is there any one of us who does not know that these phantom blessings are the direct roads to foolish imaginings which give birth to anarchical relations of men among themselves and towards authority, because progress, or rather the idea of progress, has introduced the conception of every kind of emancipation, but has failed to establish its limits .... All the so-called liberals are anarchists, if not in fact, at any rate in thought. Every one of them in hunting after phantoms of freedom, and falling exclusively into license, that is, into the anarchy of protest for the sake of protest ....
FREE PRESS DESTROYED
7. We turn to the periodical press. We shall impose on it, as on all printed matter, stamp taxes per sheet and deposits of caution- money, and books of less than 30 sheets will pay double. We shall reckon them as pamphlets in order, on the one hand, to reduce the number of magazines, which are the worst form of printed poison, and, on the other, in order that this measure may force writers into such lengthy productions that they will be little read, especially as they will be costly. At the same time what we shall publish ourselves to influence mental development in the direction laid down for our profit will be cheap and will be read voraciously. The tax will bring vapid literary ambitions within bounds and the liability to penalties will make literary men dependent upon us. And if there should be any found who are desirous of writing against us, they will not find any person eager to print their productions in print the publisher or printer will have to apply to the authorities for permission to do so. Thus we shall know beforehand of all tricks preparing against us and shall nullify them by getting ahead with explanations on the subject treated of.
8. Literature and journalism are two of the most important educative forces, and therefore our government will become proprietor of the majority of the journals. This will neutralize the injurious influence of the privately-owned press and will put us in possession of a tremendous influence upon the public mind .... If we give permits for ten journals, we shall ourselves found thirty, and so on in the same proportion. This, however, must in no wise be suspected by the public. For which reason all journals published by us will be of the most opposite, in appearance, tendencies and opinions, thereby creating confidence in us and bringing over to us quite unsuspicious opponents, who will thus fall into our trap and be rendered harmless.§
From fairmormon website:
Quoted from Messages of the First Presidency. [Utah LDS Church]
In speaking of the
“President Wilford Woodruff explained how he and other Church presidents had felt about the matter:
I have not felt satisfied, neither did President Taylor, neither has any man since the Prophet Joseph who has attended to the ordinance of adoption in the temples of our God. We have felt that there was more to be revealed upon the subject than we had received. Revelations were given to us in the St. George Temple, which President Young presented to the Church of God. Changes were made there, and we still have more changes to make, in order to satisfy our Heavenly Father, satisfy our dead and ourselves. I will tell you what some of them are. I have prayed over this matter, and my brethren have. We have felt as President Taylor said, that we have got to have more revelation concerning sealing under the law of adoption."
President Woodruff then announced to the General Conference and particularly to the presidents of the four temples in Utah that he had gone "before the Lord" to know who he should be adopted to and that the "Spirit of God" instructed him that he should be sealed to his natural father. Prior to this time it had been the practice to be sealed to the "prophets and apostles" in the Church. President Woodruff now pronounced the prior practice an incorrect procedure and called upon the membership of the church to accept as a revelation this announcement, which incidentally he had previously presented to his counselors and to the Quorum of Twelve Apostles.§
On the Above Subject
Some time back I received an inquiry from a man who said he was from the Historical Department of Brigham Young University. He said he was gathering information on the various branches of the restoration and wanted to know how many members we have in the Church of Jesus Christ Restored 1830. Since he was in the History Department I thought I would learn something that has been a question on my mind for many years.
I told him that I would furnish him with this information if he would first furnish me where I could find and read the revelations containing instructions for the temple ordinances and ceremonies conducted by the Utah church.
I have to assume that the question irritated him because he answered that this subject had been explained over and over again and he was not willing to repeat these sources. I am sorry to say that this was the end of our correspondence as I would sincerely like to know where these sources are. NWG
VOICE OF WARNING
Claimed to be Given by the voice of the Spirit to
Elder Jack Graham Of the
COMMUNITY OF CHRIST CHURCH
"While in attendance as a delegate to the USA National Conference, immediately following the vote of the conference on the issue of whether the conference would recommend that the First Presidency and Council of Twelve change the policy of the church to extend the sacrament of marriage to same sex couples, which vote passed in the affirmative with over 67% of the minimum required, the Spirit of the Lord rested upon me with mighty power, and the following words were impressed upon my heart and mind, and I then felt the direction to record them.”
“Thus saith the Lord, IT IS FINISHED. The times of the Gentiles have come to an end. Behold the judgment of your God. Prepare ye, prepare ye, for that which is to come. For I come quickly, Amen!”
“When I was asked to bring this before the congregation, I again felt the majesty of the Spirit of Almighty God fall upon me, and He impressed me to encourage our people to unite in their faith, to humble themselves before Him, and to put aside the petty differences that sometimes separate us, for we will have to unite together to overcome that which lies before us, but if we do so WE WILL BE HIS CHURCH!”
May the bride of Christ now adorn herself with Holiness, so that He may receive her offerings. Elder Jack Graham
DEMOCRACY VS SOCIALISM
Alexis de Tocqueville 1848
“Democracy extends the sphere of individual freedom,” he said in 1848; “socialism restricts it. Democracy attaches all possible value to each man; socialism makes each man a mere agent, a mere number. Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word: equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”§